The College of Health Sciences is committed to forging a bold path to health. It works to suffuse Health Equity, Aging and Lifespan Health, and Health Policy and Advocacy into all of its programs via: the School of Nursing, the Department of Psychology, the Department of Aging Studies, the Department of Public Health, the Health Careers Program (offered jointly with the College of Science, Engineering and Math), and the Odessa Chambliss Center for Health Equity.
The vision of the College of Health Sciences is to address the health needs of the community, the nation and the world by focusing on the education and preparation of students while maintaining clear linkage to and immersion in community health and policy initiatives.
The mission of the College of Health Sciences is to educate and prepare engaged, culturally competent, and strategically astute health professionals who will serve as scholars, thought leaders, advocates and activists in their respective fields.
The goals of the College mirror the goals of the University and are infused into our academic and support programs and activities:
- Enhance Academic Enterprise
- Promote Student Success
- Increase Access, Opportunity and Affordability
- Enhance Operational Effectiveness and Efficiency
- Increase Institutional Visibility and Image
- Upgrade Physical Infrastructure
Students are expected to:
- Uphold and model the core values of Bethune-Cookman University. These values are faith, integrity, respect, service and thirst for knowledge.
- Apply the principles of ethics to interactions with others, care of patients and clients, academic pursuit, research endeavors and expression of thought.
- Display and model professionalism in all of their career, community, personal and institutional relationships.
- Engage in inter-professional and interdisciplinary endeavors to strengthen and augment your knowledge, skill and attitudes.
- Demonstrate competence at the highest level (excellence) in your chosen health profession, academic studies, community service, clinical and field experiences, and public speaking.
- Represent the Bethune-Cookman University positively in all of their internship/practicum, clinical rotation, employment, and community interactions.
- Degree of Master of Science in the following area:
- Degree of Bachelor of Science in the following areas:
- Aging Studies
- Minors in the following areas in conjunction with the Bachelor’s Degree:
- Aging Studies
- Athletic Training
- Certificate in Health Equity